Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Splendid Sampler Blocks 54 thru 57 and Strawberry Quilt

Starting off with Block 54, The Shell.  Paper pieced with little Mermaid hiding my imperfection.  Thanks little Mermaid.  I need to re-make this beautiful block.


Block 55, Dedication Rose.  Not sure I even shared this on the Splendid Sampler Facebook page yet. Surely I shared it....maybe not.  I have gotten carried away with the next brilliant block.


Block 56, At Home Anywhere.  But, of course, mermaid love block...still needs a window.


And, Block 57, Starting Point.  And, we are all caught up on SS blocks so far.  Did Mermaid make an appearance this blog or what?!?  I wanted to show y'all what I'm doing with all my blocks, but, I must save it for a later date...sorry.   but, I have more to show you in the meantime...


EXTRAS....I'm calling this Kaleidoscope Boden.  the Boden block is from Pat Sloan's latest book, Teach Me To Sew Triangle.  You can buy a copy at this link.  It's a great book.  More like a Quilters Reference book.  I love it!


And, my beautiful Strawberry Love!  I used two different strawberry quilt patterns.  One from a Pat Sloan blog, pattern from Fat Quarter Shop, Strawberry Picking.  And, the little strawberry blocks surrounding the center Strawberry are from a blog and it's free, Strawberry Appliqué.  The quilt was designed using my Grandmother's strawberry tablecloth.  And, look what I found at local second hand store, Strawberry Dish Set for $9.99...what a deal!  


Oh!  There's more, but, I'm tired of writing and want to get to sewing more goodies.  So exciting!  I love sewing the day away.  Hope you do too and find inspiration from my blog.  thanks for reading.

Dianna E



3 comments:

  1. Yes, "quilty" is definitely a word! LOL
    Thanks for the shout out about my blocks and blog. I'm really bad about keeping up on the blog but got it updated at least a little today. Here is the link" http://beachwoodcottagequilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! So glad you're on my blog now. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kathy! So glad you're on my blog now. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete