Sunday, July 3, 2016

Splendid Sampler blocks 39 & 40 and a Strawberry Block!

Block 39, Balls in the Air.  Tricky little thing!  But, look what my beautiful featherweight likes making!  Who knew?!?  Perfect paper piecing sewer.  Named my first featherweight after my Grandma Ruthie, and recently got to take her to a cleaning and maintenance class and she got a lot of love!  My Beloved Bernina is in the shop for her massive cleaning and maintenance, so, I'll be sewing with Grandma for awhile...wink!



Block 40, Flights of Friendship was not Grandma Ruthie's cup of tea.  I either need to make some sort of adjustment on my 1/4" mark or something.  Don't know what yet.  First though, I think I will add some pretty tape to mark my 1/4 better.  I mean, it has arrows and everything, but, I seem to be missing the mark.  So, Mermaid had to help me feel better about my less than adequate 1/4" today.


And, now, on to some fun!  Pat Sloan just recently posted a pattern she acquired from Fat Quarter Shop.  It's a Pat Sloan Strawberry Quilt Along and you are going to want to get in on this!  So, here is one Strawberry block in the center of one of my Grandma Ruthie's tablecloths!  Can you believe I just pulled that out of my Grandma Ruthie stash yesterday?!?  What timing!!!  And, look, it fits perfectly!  Unbelievable!  I'm so excited!  Sooooo...... 


In honor of my Grandma Ruthie, I am using her precious Strawberry tablecloth for inspiration on the setting of my Strawberry Quilt!  Isn't it fun???


Skipping to make more Strawberry blocks....come join us....

No comments:

Post a Comment