Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Block 32 & 33 Splendid Sampler and Extras!

Busy, busy....Let's start with the Splendid Sampler blocks.  Block 32,  the Constant Needle.  Not sure I got my flower perfectly placed, but, I love it!  It says Pink to me (wink!)  I like the ET in the center. Reminds me of ET phone home.


And, Lucky Block 33, Selvage Saver by Pat Sloan.  Love, love, love ALL her designs!  Really, though, first time officially making a whole block using selvage material.  I've added bits and pieces to quilts, but, have not made a whole block of them.  Sort of intimidated, but, I made myself follow her advice from her blog, and, used a piece of muslin as the foundation piece for block and I Love It!


And, now, on to all my little extra endeavors!  First up, my collection!  Yes, a whole collection!  It's all from patterns and my new favorite fabric line, but, I hope someday it'll be mine patterns and fabric (ouuuu....wouldn't that be fun!)  The Boden quilt blocks on the design wall are from Pat Sloan's latest book, Teach Me To Sew Triangles.  A must have for any quilter.  It has so much useful information.  Really, I'm not kidding.  It's almost like having a little reference guide to making blocks and quilts.  And, $10!  What a deal!  Ok, and, then, there's the dress!  Yes!  The dress.  I love it!  It's from a pattern I bought when it came out and waited for just the right material to show up in my life to make it out of it, and, oh boy did it!  Pattern is by Serendipity Studio, Marilyn dress.  What a great pattern!  And, the little hand bag I made using these great frames, pattern included, Jelly Clips.  This is what I used, but, not where I bought it from.  I found it at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas, last November (2015).  Oh, ok, that leaves the bags!  I just used them too.   Went to Atlanta (kind of spur of the moment, not really, but, I packed at the last minute.....does that count?)  One large and one small....adding another pic.....



I love these bags!  Swoon Blanche pattern.  So enjoyed creating these and making them out of the beautiful Tula Pink Elizabeth fabric line.  I will be adding them to my Etsy Shop just as soon as I can un-pack them and photo them outside in the beautiful sun.  We've had rain, rain, rain and, you know you just can't get really nice photos (although, these look pretty good...wink).  I'll be posting links, links, links for my little Etsy shop and adding more little things in it.  So fun....I have to pinch myself.  Can't believe I'm having so much fun making beautiful things and maybe selling some.  I already had an offer in Atlanta to buy at least one of my bags.  She really, really liked them too.  So cool!




Last, but, not least, I've been making some little bee blocks.  kinda small, but, kinda fun.  And, oh yes, I can see them lying around the house on this and that and looking so cute!  Soldiering on making the darling little things.  Buzzzzzzzzzz.....click here to get info....

   

Hold everything!  I still have another project to show you.  Now, How could I forget this one?!?  It has butterflies in it!
  This is from Pat Sloan's Secret Garden BOM 2016.  Block 6.  This turns out to be my favorite fabric combination of the quilt version I'm making this year.  Block 1 used the same combo.



Block one and Block 6 use the same fabric combo, but, look at how different they appear.  They look like I've used different fabrics.  How neat!  I love it!



I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, so, if you want a day-to-day update on what all I'm making, just send me a friend request on Facebook, dianna eickhorn, and you won't miss a thing, I promise, scout's honor (I used to be a girl scout). 

Sweet Sewing my friends...


  




No comments:

Post a Comment