Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Splendid Sampler blocks 22 & 23 and Secret Garden May block 5

It's still Spring here in Texas, but, almost summer!  Cool day today, which, is unusual for us.  Low humidity, very unusual for us.  But, I'm taking it and running....

Been busy here Spring cleaning!  And, doing little mini makeovers.  So fun!  Love how my desk turned out.  And, my son's dresser drawers and his shelf.  Needs a new quilt on his bed!  And, my sons's idea to paint one of my benches.  I like it.  Good idea son!  You'll be seeing more of the bench.



Back to quilting......Block 22, Goose on the Loose!  This was too much fun.  Should be a law against it.  Paper pieced and I love how it turned out.


Block 23, Hand in Hand.  Oh my!  Incredible little pattern.  What a riot!  So now, I don't know which I like better?!?  You have got to make this block!  Really!  You will love it!  


And, now, I'm going to show you my version of the Secret Garden May block by Pat Sloan.  Yeah!  Block 5, Hershey Garden Pennsylvania.  I made mine with a slight different shade this month (after a major remake with previous blocks).  These blocks are so big!  I love them!  You have got to make this quilt.  Get to it! 


I have always loved making pinwheels, but, somewhere along the line they started not going together nice anymore.  Then, Splendid Sampler happened (still happening and will be happening for a long, long time) and, with new directions, and, the absolute need for accuracy for 6 inch finished blocks, I fell back in love with them!!!!  Who knew???  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Me and pinwheels are back on!  

Happy Quilting!!!



3 comments:

  1. your blocks are looking great! Wish I had time to get started on mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I hope you can find some time somewhere to work on yours. They're so fun! What a journey!

    ReplyDelete