Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Blocks 26 & 27 Splendid Sampler


Block 26, Dreaming of Dresdens.  Such a fun block to make.  I've been wanting to make the Dresden, but, I have been too shy until now.  I'm serious about making this Epic 100 Quilt Block quilt, so, I had too!  Such tiny little dresden blocks to cut and sew together and, it went together perfectly!  Love this pattern.  I was so excited with the little dresden, I had to take it outside to photograph before I added anymore to it.  And, my shell fit perfectly in the middle.  What a great photo op.  So serendipity!  Love that word and all it means!


And, here is the finished block....


And, then, we got to make Block 27, Sewing Machine.  So much can be said about the Sewing Machine block.  Where do I begin?  This is a Pat Sloan original, first published as her wallhanging quilt pattern, Oh, you've got to read her blog about her block, Pat Sloan Sewing Machine Blog, and, if you scroll down on the blog you get a link to her pattern for the Sewing Machine Wallhanging quilt.  
The wall hanging is on the right and block 27 on the left.  Now, you can see my last two blocks are two different colors and the next block will be a pink block.  More on why I did that later.



Fresh off the sewing machine, two new bags I'm currently working on...well, here's a shot of one of the bag, the other photo with both of them on it seems to missing.  I will locate that for next weeks blog.  Still have to add handles and a strap too.  But, I love them!  And, I hope you love them too.



Till next week....keep on sewing my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment