Monday, April 18, 2016

Splendid Sampler Blocks 18 & 19 and Aurifil April BOM

Block 18, Lina's Gift, made with Mermaid Power!  I have so enjoyed this little Mermaid doll I found at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas, some years ago.  It's home is right under my sewing glass, where I can see her everyday.  Once a Mermaid, Always a Mermaid!  She only cost like $3, but, has brought millions in smiles :)


Block 19, Measure Twice, Cut Once... A sure joy to stitch.  Never knew I loved hand stitching so much (well, I have might have had a clue...wink)!



And, some Aurifil Love!  This is my April, Block 4, High Tide.  Doesn't look like much now, but, I was able to use the rest of my little bundle of fabrics I bought to use for this project and, now, I can get everything up on my design wall and see what works and what doesn't and tweak it a bit.  I like doing that.  I really think this will look so great with all the other blocks I've been making!  I'm so happy with the fabric.  Having so much fun playing with different fabric and seeing what it makes!


And, I have more in the wings!  And, so excited about it all!  But, it's taking me some time to gather supplies.  Living out in the middle of nowhere.....takes some online ordering of basic supplies....zippers, metal loops, etc....  hint, hint!


No comments:

Post a Comment