Monday, April 11, 2016

Splendid Sampler Blocks 16 & 17 and Secret Garden update!

I am so enjoying my quilting journey with the year-long quilt along.  We're making two blocks a week for a total of 100 blocks, which will take us into February, 2017.  This is my first year-long quilt along.  And, there are thousands of people from all over the world making the blocks too.  I especially like the blocks from Australia with their kangaroo fabric.

Let's see, block 16, Pieces of Friends.  Check out my new little Butterfly friend.


And, lovely block 17, Family Stars.  I names my Jule's Star, after my Grandpa, for the center aqua star.  My little Blue Bird of Happiness makes his debut.  I've had him for a long time.  He sits in my kitchen window.  He's been there every since I've had him.  


And, then, there's my Secret Garden mystery quilt along!  Played around with my blocks this past week and, I'm so happy I did.  I was trying for different colors in all my blocks, but, it just didn't work for me.  I liked the pink!  So, this is what happened.  First, I was out in my secret garden (hehe), when a great big butterfly landed on my big flower Block 4.  How fun is that?  So fun!  The butterfly was alittle added bit of mine, not on pattern.  But, I just couldn't help myself!  


So, now, I have updated all four blocks to....

Notice, the difference in lighting!  All top blocks were photographed outside in the pretty sunlight.  The darker photo at bottom with all four Secret Garden blocks was taken inside on my design wall in my Quilt Studio.  Big difference.  So pretty in pink.......don't you think? As Pat Sloan would say....wink!

See y'all next week.  This looks like the day I'll be posting my blogs.  What a great way to start the week ahead of quilting.





No comments:

Post a Comment