Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Splendid Sampler Bocks 1-3



I have been enjoying my little journey on making these cute little blocks.  I've changed block 1 three times and I've re-worked block 2 at least twice.  Only one little ole block 3, which has really set into motion all of my blocks feel from here on out.  So, there has been no wasted effort on remaking blocks.  I needed the time to play around with my fabric and get a feel for the tiny pieces (makes me make to sing Tiny Bubbles...).

So, now that I have gotten my feet thoroughly wet!  I am so happy!

If you'd like to join me on this epic year long 100 block journey, please, join at www.thesplendidsampler.com.  Just click on the top navigation bar where it says Blocks and Bonus Block and it will take you to all the links for all the patterns.

Also, I'm enjoying my Aurfil BOM again this year.  This is February's block.  Aurifil BOM
I've made such a busy little quilt block.  Not sure how this is all going to look at the end, but, it just feels right to me for some reason.  So, I'm going with it.  Besides, how can you not want to make a block when you can get the chance to win a whole box of Aurifil threads.....makes my heart skip a beat every time I think about it!  I love Aurifil thread!  It's all I use now.  Love it.  Love it.  Love it.  I even managed to win me a whole box (that's over $120 worth of thread) of Pat Sloan's Neutrals.  I love looking in the box to see what color I have to sew with next!!!!  And, she has new thread!!!!  Me, I want some!  Am I getting off the subject.....sorry....get some thread here....Pat Sloan Aurifil Thread and send me some :)

No comments:

Post a Comment