Sunday, January 31, 2016

Splendid Sampler's Design Book + Bonus Block

In anticipation of the beginning of the Epic 100 Splendid Sampler blocks for 2016, the designers Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson posted an advance project to make!  You can get the download for the pattern at Splendid Sampler.  January 30th, 2016 post.  I may have to add a direct link to this post later, when they add more post!  Alright, so, here is the finished front.




This is how I started out auditioning my fabrics to use.  You can see my Box of Cotton + Steel fabrics I'm using for 100 blocks and the printed pattern from their blog, link above at Splendid Sampler, and my fabrics on my chair.


So, here it is finished.  Note, I didn't have a big enough piece for the backing of Design Book using my fat quarters, so, I used a beautiful piece of Cotton + Steel linen gray fabric I recently acquired from LQS.  Beautiful fabric.  And, I didn't have a ribbon I liked in my stash, so, again, I improvised and used a black dot elastic ribbon.  




And, here is the inside, with the Bonus Block!  Whippeee!




I had fun making this.  Yes, it was hard making that first cut into all that new fabric, but, I made myself do it, and, now, I'm happy I did!  Hope you enjoy my little quilt blog.



2 comments: