Friday, January 29, 2016

New Year! New Post! What's Going on in Yellow Rose of Texas Quilt Studio

What's on my Design Wall....Tula Pink Butterfly Quilt using a couple different lines of fabric.  What an adventure.  Started this last year and didn't feel like I got very far.  but, this year, oh my!  All that is left is the background and borders.  Love looking at it every day.  You can buy the pattern at this link...http://www.ihearttulapink.com/products/thebutterflyquilt.

Also, this year, I have signed up for an Epic year of making 100 blocks called Splendid Sampler!  With Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson as the two main characters in this wonderful (splendid) aray of wonderness...yes, that's a word!  check it all out at Splendid Sampler.

This all begins February 14, 2016.  I'm using this....Cotton & Steel fabrics. And, my trust Aurifil threads.  Speaking of Aurifil...


I'm also participating again this year, in Aurifil BOM 2016.  I've chosen a bundle of fabrics by Amy Butler.

And, last, but, not least.....Making a Secret Garden BOM with Pat Sloan sponsored by Free Pattern.  this year I found some new Butterfly fabric to use...cause you know I like butterflies (wink).  So, here is my first block, which, btw, had over 800 likes on Pat's fb page Quilt Along with Pat Sloan.


7 comments:

  1. I haven't blogged since last year either... computer and camera problems... and just been busy living life rather than writing about it. Although I have thought about starting up again. ;) Looks like you will be having a busy year! I've signed up for Pats too... and I have a wedding quilt to get made by August... and I have Celtic Solstice, Grand Illusions, and Allietary mystery quilts from Bonnie that need work. Just not enough hours and energy in a day.'
    HM

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, I understand. everything has changed so much! going to be a busy year blogging with so many blocks (100) plus! so exciting! thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianna...you have lots planned....I have some of those planned too. It seems like there are always new things to entice me to join in...but it is sooooo fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caryl, I know! Everything looks like so much fun. 100 blocks!?! Oh my, oh my! Haven't tried that before. So, I'm looking forward to really trying to accomplish this and blog about it! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think blogging about the 100 block Splendid Sampler is an awesome idea. I have a Blog but I usually just put up my finished projects. I may change what I post and give maybe not weekly but monthly updates of what I have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my blog is joscraftjourney.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. going to go look for your blog....

      Delete