Thursday, April 4, 2013

Folk Art America by Pat Sloan

Recently, I ran across blocks I made at Quakertown Quilts many years back now, at the beginning of my quilting adventure.  And, then, Pat Sloan came to town to at a local quilt guild meeting and I got to meet her!  Finally, after admiring everything she puts on facebook and her blog.  So, here is the finished product...

You can purchase her pattern at this link..... Folk Art America 



I did this using a Zig-Zag for my machine applique because my Jamone didn't have a button-hole stitch.   But, it is still so precious...




And, I was able to talk my kids into coloring a few blocks.....

I'm going to add these to the back of the quilt.  Funny, they both picked the house block to color.  I think our little house has meant a lot to both of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment